- Title: ElectricCommander Local Privilege Escalation
- Advisory ID: SWRX-2014-010
- Date published: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- CVE: CVE-2014-7180
- CVSS v2 base score: 7.2
- Date of last update: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Vendors contacted: Electric Cloud, Inc.
- Release mode: Coordinated
- Discovered by: Sean Wright, Dell SecureWorks
ElectricCommander is a toolset that facilitates remote deployment of environment configurations from a centralized server to attached agents. Due to excessive file system permissions on two Perl source code files, an unprivileged local attacker can modify these files to insert code. The attacker's code is then executed as the privileged user running these administrative tools.
Download the PDF: SWRX-2014-010