Dell SecureWorks Security Advisory SWRX-2011-003
- Advisory ID: SWRX-2011-003
- Date published: Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- CVE: CVE-2011-3294
- CVSS v2 Base Score: 4.3
- Date of last update: Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Vendors contacted: Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Release mode: Coordinated
- Discovered by: Billy Hoffman, Zoompf, Inc.
A vulnerability exists in Tandberg Video Communications Server (VCS) due to improper validation of user-controlled input to the web-based administrative interface. User-controlled input supplied to the login page via the HTTP User-Agent header is not properly sanitized for illegal or malicious content prior to being returned to the user in dynamically generated web content. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform reflected cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.