McAfee Network Security Manager Authentication Bypass and Session Hijacking Vulnerability
Advisory ID: SWRX-2009-002
- Title: McAfee Network Security Manager Authentication Bypass and Session Hijacking Vulnerability
- Advisory ID: SWRX-2009-002
- Date published: Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- CVE: CVE-2009-3566
- CVSS v2 Base Score: 4.3 (Medium) (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:N/A:N)
- Date of last update: Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- Vendors contacted: McAfee, Inc.
- Release mode: Coordinated release
- Discovered by: Daniel King, SecureWorks
McAfee Network Security Manager is vulnerable to authentication bypass via HTTP session cookie hijacking. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to hijack an existing session to the Network Security Manager.
PGP Signature (PC Users: You may need to right click your mouse and select "Save As")