McAfee Network Security Manager Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability
Advisory ID: SWRX-2009-001
- Title: McAfee Network Security Manager Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability
- Advisory ID: SWRX-2009-001
- Date published: Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- CVE: CVE-2009-3565
- CVSS v2 Base Score: 4.3 (Medium) (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N)
- Date of last update: Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- Vendors contacted: McAfee, Inc.
- Release mode: Coordinated release
- Discovered by: Daniel King, SecureWorks
McAfee Network Security Manager is vulnerable to cross-site scripting (XSS) caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using vulnerable parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's web browser within the security context of the Network Security Manager site.
PGP Signature (PC Users: You may need to right click your mouse and select "Save As")