Cisco NAC Appliance (Cisco Clean Access / Perfigo) authentication cross-site scripting (XSS)Dell SecureWorks Security Advisory SWRX-2013-001
- Title: Cisco NAC Appliance (Cisco Clean Access / Perfigo) authentication cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Advisory ID: SWRX-2013-001
- Date published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
- CVE: CVE-2012-6029
- CVSS v2 base score: 4.3
- Date of last update: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
- Vendors contacted: Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Release mode: Coordinated
- Discovered by: Craig Lambert, Dell SecureWorks
The Cisco NAC Appliance (formerly, Cisco Clean Access) “enforces security policy compliance on all devices that attempt to gain access” to organizations’ infrastructure. A common application of Cisco NAC is to “provide easy and secure guest access.” A vulnerability exists in the web-based authentication functions of Cisco NAC Appliance versions up to and including 4.9.2. The vulnerability involves insufficient input validation of URL parameters. Successful exploitation may allow an attacker to retrieve session cookies, steal recently submitted data, or launch additional attacks.
Download the PDF: SWRX-2013-001