Threat Intelligence provides the power to protect your organization against emerging threats.
Secureworks® Counter Threat Unit™ (CTU) security intelligence research team delivers this power by offering learnings and observations of the cyber threat landscape in a monthly Threat Intelligence Executive Summary.
In this report you will learn the latest security trends from the previous month that were identified as significant by the CTU™ research team. The Executive Monthly report covers trends as they relate to vulnerabilities, malware, threat actors and methodologies, and law enforcement and government.
What you will learn:
- ZERO-DAY VULNERABILITIES EXPLOITED - Threat actors exploited Windows and Flash Player vulnerabilities prior to vendors issuing out-of-band updates
- DEVICES CAUSED DATA LEAKS - Researchers discovered data leaks in sensitive networks from devices that were not originally intended to be connected to the Internet
- RANSOMWARE CHANGED TACTICS - Ransomware experimented with delivery mechanisms and varied encrypted file formats and extensions
- BANKING TROJAN REUSED CODE - Code from the defunct Dyre banking trojan was reused in the TrickBot banking malware
- GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS TARGETED - Politically inspired threat actors targeted governmental departments and organizations
- ATTACKS PROMPTED GOVERNMENT RESPONSE - The Mirai botnet DDoS attacks prompted legislators to propose solutions and implement rules