October 2016 Threat Intelligence Executive Summary Report
Get Your Complimentary Paper
Review the IT security news, events and information from last month
What you will learn:
- SEVERE VULNERABILITIES EXPOSED - Researchers disclosed several vulnerabilities in Apple, Cisco, and Microsoft products
- MALWARE MODIFIED - Malware authors experimented with changes to the Bugat v5 (Dridex) trojan, Cerber and Locky ransomware, and RIG exploit kit to increase their success
- SOURCE CODE RELEASED - After the Mirai botnet unleashed a record-breaking distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, the malware developers released Mirai's source code
- BREACH PROMPTED REACTIONS - A threat group stole data from Yahoo users, leading to government investigations, acquisition delays, and allegations of a culture that values convenience over security
- SECURITY INITIATIVES ANNOUNCED - The United Kingdom (U.K.) and Russia announced initiatives to strengthen IT security and encourage security innovation
Threat Intelligence provides the power to protect your organization against emerging cybersecurity threats.
Secureworks® Counter Threat Unit™ (CTU) security intelligence research team delivers this power by offering learnings and observations of the cyber threat landscape in a monthly Threat Intelligence Executive Summary.