July 2016 Threat Intelligence Executive Summary Report
Get Your Complimentary Paper
Review the events and trends that shaped cybersecurity last month
What you will learn:
- Lax Security Caused Leaks - Data from several organizations was leaked online due to inadequate security controls on the software that manages or stores the data
- Serious Vulnerabilities Surfaced - Severe vulnerabilities in security software and networking hardware, as well as the perennial Adobe Flash zero-day vulnerabilities in exploitation, raised tensions for network administrators
- Malware Activity Fluctuated - Malware and botnet activity mysteriously and abruptly ceased, and in some cases later resumed
- U.S. Campaign Targeted - Threat Group-4127 targeted a U.S. presidential campaign
- Cybersecurity Principles Reaffirmed - The European Union (EU), United Kingdom (U.K.), and United States (U.S.) reaffirmed cybersecurity governance principles following the UK's decision to leave the EU
Threat Intelligence empowers organizations to protect against the latest emerging threats.
Secureworks Counter Threat Unit™ (CTU) research team delivers this power by offering learnings and observations of the cyber threat landscape in a monthly Threat Intelligence Executive Summary.