This Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information (“Privacy Statement”) applies to Secureworks Inc. and its worldwide subsidiaries* (“Secureworks,” “we” or “our”), but not to those Secureworks subsidiaries that have published their own privacy and security statements. Secureworks is part of the Dell Technologies group of companies.
This Privacy Statement also does not apply to the websites of our Business Partners (as defined below) or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers and from our website and other online visitors (“you” or “your”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies).
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Business Partner” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information. “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (IP) address and location data.
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Personal Information
- Legal Basis for Processing
- Retention of Your Data
- International Transfers
- How We May Share Personal Information
- Your EU Data Protection Rights
- Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and the Creation of Customized Profiles About You
- How We Secure Your Personal Information
- Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Targeted Display Advertising by Secureworks and Others
- “Do Not Track” Signals
- Targeted Email Marketing by Secureworks
- How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
- Social Media Features
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- Contacting Us
- Secureworks Worldwide Entities
- Use our websites or applications;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Create and manage an account;
- Participate in surveys or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Subscribe to newsletters, Secureworks or Dell programs, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us.
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support, or carry out the transaction you have requested;
- Send communications to you about products and services available from Secureworks and its subsidiaries, including information about particular Secureworks programs in which you or your company has chosen to participate, as well as events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications from Secureworks Business Partners;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interest and interactions with our site;
- Personalize content and implement your preferences;
- Enforce our contracts with customers and website terms and conditions;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above)
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions)
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding communication preferences, our marketing activities and/or profiling
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email at email@example.com;
- You can visit our Preference Management Center to manage your marketing preferences or submit a request to be removed from our advertising and marketing lists (telephone, faxes and emails);
- using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information
- having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
Information We Collect About You
We may obtain your Personal Information when you:
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, address, contact telephone numbers, user IDs and passwords. It may also include work information such as job title and other business or company information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Secureworks, information collected through one source may be combined with information Secureworks obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customised profiles about you. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences and for targeted advertising purposes as explained below.
Some Secureworks services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both Secureworks and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services, and may use the information according to each company's privacy statement and other agreements with you.
Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect behavioural and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Secureworks websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
Information From Third Party Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: page-view information from some Business Partners with which we operate co-branded services or joint offerings, and credit history information from credit bureaus. We may use the information to better understand you, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing of products and services to you, and to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information We Collect When Providing Services
We may obtain personal information in the course of providing Managed Security Services to our corporate customers (such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, user names, email addresses, client contact information). Secureworks is the controller of any personal information contained within records or logs of security events (“Security Event Data”) that are identified and collected during the provision of Managed Security Services. If you work for a corporate customer that uses our Managed Security Services, it is possible that personal information about you may be contained in Security Event Data processed by Secureworks. We will use such information for the purpose of providing the Managed Security Services and in order to develop, enhance and/or improve our security services and the products and services we offer and provide to our customers. We will comply with applicable laws in respect of any personal information contained within the Security Event Data and will ensure we have in place measures to safeguard such information to the standard required by law.
How We Use Personal Information
Secureworks may use your Personal Information to:
Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- For compliance with Secureworks’ legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your Personal Information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Secureworks’ (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm to your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Data
Secureworks may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within the Dell group and/or to its Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which Secureworks, Dell or its subsidiaries, affiliates or Business Partners maintain facilities (see the bottom of this Privacy Statement for a list of our affiliates). In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, affiliates and Business Partners in respect of such transfers (based on EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses). We will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with other Secureworks entities as well as Dell subsidiaries or Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries) more responsive to your needs. Our subsidiaries and/or Business Partners may contact you with information about Secureworks and/or Dell branded products, services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with Secureworks and Dell subsidiaries and Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by Secureworks.
In addition, Secureworks may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sales agents and resellers/channel partners, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for Secureworks products and services.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if Secureworks (or a part of Secureworks) is sold or merges with another company; or if Secureworks reasonably believes it is necessary to protect Secureworks, its customers or the public.
Your EU Data Protection Rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (such as the supervisory authority in your member state of habitual residence, place of work or where the alleged infringement took place) if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to email@example.com or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and Profiling
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Secureworks by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
Any marketing by Secureworks, or any third parties on behalf of Secureworks, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
Secureworks takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from Secureworks asking for your personal information. Secureworks will not request your ID or password through email.
Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
Secureworks takes children's privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our websites. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any Personal Information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer's hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our website’s essential features. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Secureworks websites and services that depend on cookies.
Targeted Display Advertising by Secureworks and Others
“Do Not Track” Signals
Targeted Email Marketing by Secureworks
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to Secureworks.com and your browsing history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and access on Secureworks.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
Secureworks or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others' email messages.
A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email message. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising in various ways. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our website from a particular advertisement or they may tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons may also measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, we may combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other Personal Information we have collected from you.
We may allow some of our Business Partners to compile individual or aggregated statistics from the use of web beacons on Secureworks.com by Secureworks, its agents or others, to determine the effectiveness of online marketing and to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement results in an action on the advertiser's site. Aggregate information may include demographic and usage information. No Personal Information about you is shared with Business Partners for this research.
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalize your experience on Secureworks.com and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
Social Media Features
Please be aware that Secureworks provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to Secureworks.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes and revise this Privacy Statement's effective date, included at the end of this section. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices or if you would like to make a Data Subject Request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Attn: Privacy/Legal Department
One Concourse Parkway, Suite 500
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Contact information for our Data Protection Officer:
Kim Fleming, Director Global Privacy
Secureworks Inc. is the controller of your Personal Information (unless otherwise stated).
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Secureworks, Inc. has appointed Secureworks Europe Ltd to be its representative in the EU. Secureworks Europe Limited can be contacted as follows:
Attn: Privacy/Legal Department
180 Oxford Street
London W1D 1NN
telephone: +44 0 203 907 6280
fax: +44 0 870 085 8556
Effective Date: May 14, 2018.
*Secureworks Subsidiaries: Secureworks, Inc., SecureWorks Europe Limited, SecureWorks Europe S.R.L., SecureWorks SAS, SecureWorks India Private Limited, SecureWorks Australia Pty. Ltd. and SecureWorks Japan K.K.