SecureWorks®, Inc., a leading global provider of security services protecting 2,800 clients worldwide, has been awarded a General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule 70 contract enabling SecureWorks to offer its services directly to executive agencies and other federal agencies, the District of Columbia, qualified nonprofit agencies and state and local governments.
ATLANTA, Apr. 7, 2010-–"Because of our GSA Schedule 70 contract award, we are able to expand the offering of our services within the government sector," said Tyler Winkler, executive vice president of SecureWorks. "We currently protect an array of government agencies, and now we make it easier to provide our security services to a larger segment of the government marketplace: federal, state, and local organizations" continued Winkler.
Purchasing from GSA Schedule contracts offers the following advantages over procuring on the open market:
- GSA has determined prices under Schedule contracts to be fair and reasonable.
- The publishing of solicitation synopses are not required for Schedule purchases.
- GSA Schedule contracts have been awarded in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Administrative time is reduced.
The GSA Information Technology (IT) Schedule 70 grants agencies direct access to commercial experts who can thoroughly address the needs of the government IT Community in the areas of commercial IT hardware, software and services.
SecureWorks is known for its expertise in threat intelligence and offering solutions to help clients' meet regulatory compliance obligations. The company's services align closely with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP 800-53 guidance for recommended security controls and with the guidelines of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). SecureWorks also supports compliance with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 200 requirements, including:
- Full-lifecycle co-management and monitoring of Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Full-lifecycle co-management and monitoring of Firewall and Gateway appliances
- 24x7 real-time Security Monitoring of logs and alerts by SANS-certified analysts
- Comprehensive Log Management & Log Retention
- On-demand Security Information Management
- Highly accurate, non-disruptive Vulnerability Scanning
- Threat Intelligence with early warning of the latest attacks, vulnerabilities and trends
For more information about SecureWorks' information security services for the government sector, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-838-7947.
SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 2,800 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader's Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 and has been named to the Inc. 500, Inc. 5000 and the Deloitte lists of fastest-growing companies.