The Securities Exchange Commission Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (SEC OCIE) Cyber Security Initiative was created to assess cyber security preparedness in regulated investment advisor firms, including hedge funds, alternative investment, wealth management, and private equity firms.
Inside your network is critical data with significant value to hackers - be it proprietary research, trading algorithms and strategies, or other information. When it comes to securing this information, the stakes for your organization couldn't be higher. Failing to secure your data can come with a steep penalty in the form of lost business, reputational damage, or stolen intellectual property.
To address this reality, the SEC OCIE announced a Cyber Security Initiative to assess cyber security preparedness in regulated investment advisor firms. As part of this initiative, the OCIE will conduct exams throughout the investment management firm industry to judge each management firm in the following areas:
- Identification of cyber security risks
- Levels of network and information protection
- Risks associated with vendors and other third parties
- Assessment of how each firm has implemented a thorough cyber security plan
- Overall cyber security governance
Our broad portfolio of Managed Security, Security and Risk Consulting, Threat Intelligence and Incident Response services can help you develop a comprehensive, strategic approach to security that will augment your efforts to respond to the OCIE exam.
OCIE Compliance Key Benefits:
- Build a Strong Security Program: Meet the SEC OCIE security requirements
- Protect Critical Data: Keep your data safe from hackers and motivated hacktivists