While compliance is assessed and declared on an annual basis, there are daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly acts, such as patching systems and implementation of compensating controls, that must also be carried out by governance and security experts in order to simply maintain compliance.
With these recurring tasks come common pitfalls that can impact an organization's ability to maintain a complaint in-scope network.
Based on Secureworks’ experience helping clients meet and maintain PCI DSS compliance, we have outlined the five most common pitfalls and key recommendations to help you mitigate the risk of a failed compliance audit.
What You Will Learn:
- Common pitfalls associated with PCI DSS include:
- Patching systems
- Understanding and implementing compensating controls
- Sourcing credible answers, and more
- Tips to mitigating the risk of a failed audit include:
- Utilizing segmentation
- Using PA-DSS approved applications
- Implementing change tracking