Security incidents can threaten data integrity and business viability.
Well-meaning actions after an incident can destroy valuable evidence, while a lack of proactive planning is often the root cause of succumbing to, rather than containing, a cyber attack.
There are many proactive and emergency response skill sets required to mature your incident response (IR) plan and ensure that your have the bench strength to mitigate the risk when incidents do occur. An IR provider can assist you with a range of prevention, detection, and response activities; for example:
- Creating and testing an IR plan
- Integrating your IR plan with your information security program
- Identifying risks and threats through targeted hunting and threat intelligence
- Meeting legal and regulatory obligations
- Investigating and recovering from a data, system, and/or network compromise
The Secureworks Incident Response Management team has compiled a set of rigorous questions to help you evaluate and select an IR provider that's right for your organization's specific needs.