When a breach happens, chaos ensues. However, for proactive organizations, a digital forensics capability can bring order to chaos and contribute to minimizing overall business impact. Digital forensics plays an integral role in any effective response to a security incident and in its aftermath.
Digital forensics investigations can help you:
- Assess which assets were compromised
- Determine what unauthorized activities were carried out
- Establish an appropriate mitigation strategy
- Assess impact to the organization for a variety of stakeholders
- Learn from previous incidents to adjust security strategy using your own threat intelligence
In this webcast, Randy Stone of the Dell SecureWorks’ Incident Response and Digital Forensics practice will share examples of how digital forensics techniques were used to understand threat actors, attack methods, and impact to organizations. Randy will highlight key operational and technical capabilities required to build and sustain a digital forensics function. He will share common mistakes made by response teams that inhibit the ability to investigate and determine the facts around an incident. Lastly, he will share tips and guidance for how organizations can assess the maturity of their digital forensics capabilities.
In this webcast, you will:
- Hear examples of previous incidents and how digital forensics techniques were used to assess impact and respond accordingly
- Find out common pitfalls that prevent an effective forensic investigation of an incident
- Learn strategies for assessing the digital forensics capabilities of your organization’s incident management function