Complexities of Securing Universities
Speaker: Jeff Williams, Senior Researcher SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit
Duration: 60 minutes
College and university campuses are like a small city with an unlimited number of departments and schools. Each department hosts high value data from student, payment card and alumni data to leading edge research and intellectual property.
Inherent security challenges and needs for protecting data and intellectual properly range across a number of departments in higher education institutions, each with unique circumstances such as differing budgets, oversight, and operations just to name a few.
In this on-demand webinar, Complexities of Securing Universities, you’ll learn how it’s possible to dramatically increase university cyber security while providing rich services and protection to a variety of constituents.
In this webcast about university network security, Jeff Williams, Senior Researcher for the SecureWorks® Counter Threat Unit™, discusses:
- Cybersecurity threats to higher education environments
- Information Security challenges of a decentralized campus
- When isolation provides advantages over segmentation for securing sub-networks
- How simplification of design can expose logical relationships between segments
- Why Hercules had it easy - eight recommendations for implementing best security practices