A penetration test is also known as “ethical hacking.” The only difference between it and hacking is permission.There are many reasons to conduct penetration testing (pen tests) including looking for vulnerabilities automated software testing can’t detect, assessing the potential impacts of an attack or meeting compliance requirements using a third-party vendor. Ideally, penetration testing shows how an attacker would gain access to your systems and delivers ways to better protect your assets.
SecureWorks Pen Testing attacks your network security defenses to help your organization identify vulnerabilities and improve your network security. We don't take a one-size-fits-all approach. We'll work with you to determine your level of network security sophistication and maturity and build a pen testing program based on your needs.
We offer the following types of testing:
- Vulnerability Assessment to validate your host configurations and get an accurate accounting of vulnerabilities in your environment that pose a real risk to your organization.
- Penetration Testing which goes further to help your organization meet compliance requirements and shows how an attacker would gain unauthorized access to your environment by compromising your email systems, firewalls, routers, VPN tunnels, web servers and other devices.
- Penetration Test - provides network testing, validates your configuration and patch management,and identifies the steps you can take to improve security
- Advanced Penetration Test – a more complete test that continues beyond a penetration test to identify methods that a hacker could use to gain full, persistent control of a system to use that system as a base for attacks deeper into your network.
- Identify security risks: our security experts identify the information assets at risk
- Identify test readiness: depending on your maturity, our testing services help address your security
- Meet compliance: experienced testers understand compliance requirements
- Improve security: obtain a prioritized list of actionable items to address