Information security used to be focused on protecting the perimeter of the organization.
However, that clearly defined perimeter is disappearing with the inclusion of Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social and outsourcing of business processes that handle sensitive data. As a result, organizations are challenged with developing and executing a cybersecurity strategy that accounts for an increasing amount of factors that present risk to an organization.
Secureworks Cybersecurity Program Maturity and Strategy Advisement is focused on helping Security Leaders with a customized methodology refined over thousands of global engagements to help analyze an organization’s current security maturity levels and roadmap according to their unique environment and industry. This comprehensive methodology includes detailed phases to help organizations on their cybersecurity strategy development journey such as:
- Gathering information to understand the perception of security maturity levels, how security engages with the business, the organization’s strategy overall and the business direction
- Analyzing the current state of cybersecurity maturity
- Defining a security capability maturity target, with both business and security staff, to define exactly where they need to set their security benchmark
- Developing a road map against the target
- Implementation success factors and continued optimization